Friday, October 28, 2011

I Am Pulp Fiction

pulp fiction  noun

fiction dealing with lurid or sensational subjects, often printed on rough, low-quality paper manufactured from wood pulp.




Now I am truly a Pulp Fiction writer.

The 0.5 issue of Utah Geek has finally been released and is being parceled out over the metropolitan Utah area-so its in the gaming shops and libraries all over SLC. The publisher, Dennis Lundstrom posted that he will have copies in Utah county next week-so all of my former locals, just hang on a little longer.

Though it may be a little hard to read, I am on the cover, no not the zombie, but the center tab reads,
Chapter 1: MIDNIGHT SONS, original fiction by David J. West

IF you can get a copy, read it and let Utah Geek (and me) know how much you liked it-if you don't like it, make a big stink about it and bring all the attention possible to this new little mag.

I still don't have a copy myself and borrowed this pic from the cover artist Carter Reid.

About MIDNIGHT SONS~ it will be an ongoing dark fantasy serial, centered on a trio of heroic yet superstitious characters who will be charged with hunting down the fantasy equivalent of Nazi war criminals- think steam punk Lovecraftian sorcerers. I believe the very premise will allow an infinite number of twists and turns for rather roguish heroes.

Everyone who possibly can-check it out.

I'll arrange something one fine day for all my friends out of Utah state (as I am now myself = Montana hence the great lack of blogging) to have a chance to read it as well.

8 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

Sounds intriguing. I look forward to being able to read it when it goes out of state.

Paul R. McNamee said...

I'll keep on eye on New England export for the mag.

Congratulations. A serial tale certainly does harken back the pulps.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I don't know when that will be Keith-but I'll cross my fingers.

Much appreciated Paul-I'll see what I can do.

Angie said...

Congrats. Can't wait to get a hold of one myself.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Angie - especially since you read an early incarnation.

Bruce Durham said...

Congrats. I guess it won't be making it north of the border...

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. Gotta like some cover love!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Bruce-not for awhile I'm afraid.

Thanks Charles.