Monday, February 8, 2016

Life, The Universe and Everything

This weekend Thursday the 11th, Friday the 12th and Saturday the 13th are LTUE
a supremely awesome genre centered writing conference. Held in the Provo Marriott, its conveniently close to home (and where I'll be for World Horror Con this April). I don't know of any other writers con where you can rub shoulders with so many greats at one time, and of course I am also a guest and speaking at 8 different panels myself.

I linked the schedule above but for clarity here is my own

Thursday
from 1pm to 2pm - Non-Tolkien-derivatives, Beyond noble elves and burly dwarves in the Amphitheater
and from 6pm to 8pm I'll be co-hosting Sibyl’s Scriptorium Contests Award Ceremony

Friday
from 10am to 11am Sympathy for the Devil (writing great villains)
from 12pm to 1 pm Screenwriting (which will be more of me faking it til I make it)
from 3pm to 4 pm Horror Games: Incorporating Theme Effectively
from 4pm to 5 pm Conan the Barbarian and the adventure fiction of Robert E Howard (finally one I feel pretty damn confident about!!!)

Saturday
from 1pm to 2pm Greek Mythology in the Modern Day
from 2 pm to 3 pm Coffee, Tea, and Revolutions


These are all writing related so I can use writing related chops, but I was surprised I was flagged for the Horror Games and Screenwriting tracks, I've read and researched both but I sure don't want to come off as a clown who doesn't know his stuff on these two.

And what I like most of all on these type things is the camaraderie of hanging with other cool writers who Ii consider friends. In this day and age its hard to get together with people anymore and I don't see old friends like I did way back when so these events are nice to mingle and laugh in person with folks.

One fine day, I'd like to make it out where you my regular blog readers are at! Til next time.

4 comments:

Okie said...

One of these years I need to make it down to LTUE. It's kind of pathetic that I've never made it a priority. Have fun. :)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Its very worthwhile Okie.

One of these days I'll see you there.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wish I could make it!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

It's a bit of a drive from Louisiana.