Thursday, March 24, 2016

FANX 2016!

I'm pumped for this one the Fan Xperience - the spring version of Salt Lake Comic Con! I'm on five panels (as of yesterday) it was still 3 on Monday.

Here is the schedule.





My first panel at 1:00 pm today is a writing track on Pantsing vs Plotting.



I've always been a pantsing guy, but recently I have worked with outlines a bit more and I would have to admit it has made me faster.


At 5:00 pm today, I'll be a part of the Choose Your Own Apocalypse, audience participation game. Supernatural edition. I may be a t a loss here since I've never watched the show, but I did school myself on it a bit last night.


Friday, I have another writers track at 10:00 am on How we (or you) get published - again it will be with writer friends of mine and I think I have some interesting bits to add to the discussion so it will
be fun.


Saturday will be my favorite panels. At Noon, I'll be on a All Things Tolkien panel and then the last panel of the night at 8:00 pm is the Lovecraft: Not Meant to Voyage Far panel.

I've also got a booth with friends (the Space Balrogs) and I think its gotta be in the most prime con real estate we've ever had. Right in the center beside a main thoroughfare = Green 16.

I'll post some pics to Twitter, Facebook and such but will do a recap blog post soon too.


Oh and I almost forgot, the latest issue #10 of Utah Geek will be release there too and I must say I think omy ongoing fantasy serial is just getting better with each issue - this time its "The Hammer of Witches"! and I love this cover! I forget who the artist is, but I was told its the Guest of Honor artist at World Horror Con that I'll be at the end of next month.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Utah geek! Wow, what a name.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Sounds like a great event. Wish I could be there. Just make sure no one takes their pants off during the pantsing panel.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Charles, it's my pulp magazine credit = old school print in thousands of hands statewide!
Now if all those readers would just buy my books...

Keith, I'll see what I can do.