Thursday, December 23, 2010

Six-Shooters & Sorcery


My novella "Fangs of the Dragon" has been accepted into the forthcoming Monsters & Mormons anthology. I'm pretty stoked for that, its one of the tales I have had the most fun writing ever.

I would classify it as a weird western or even a sword and sorcery tale taking place in 1869, 'six-shooters and sorcery'? Part of the fun was the historical research I did, the idea that based off what we 'don't know' and what might have happened ~ and all of this could still fit together. I only outright made up one major character-the rest are real.

Fantastical as many things within the story may sound-the bulk of them did happen-I came away from the experience with the personal feeling that it is at least 66% true and it was exciting to help reveal those true macabre events in such an entertaining fashion. I believe we are looking at an October 1st release date.

In addition to this Porter novella, I have several other yarns starring Port coming soon. 2011 could be a great year for the long-haired gunslinger.

And just in case I don't feel like posting again-Merry Christmas

5 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Sounds intriguing!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Paul, its definetly a piece I am very proud of.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh, now this sounds cool! Congratulations on the acceptance! That's so exciting!!!

On a side note, what do you make of the movie Cowboys and Aliens? I'm pretty excited to see it! I'm sure yours in nothing like it, but I love to see historical novels with fantasy weaved in.

Merry Christmas yourself, guy! Best wishes for a fantastic new year!

Charles Gramlich said...

That's good news. congrats. Six shooters and sorcery is a good genre title. I've often enjoyed horror westerns certainly, which combine two genres

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Carolina-I am looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens-different but both should be cool weird westerns.

Right on Charles, blending creates some great stuff.