Monday, March 11, 2013

Whispers of the Goddess is Coming

I haven't been around, all my regular readers know why, but finally my first project of the year is almost here.

I need to figure out all the nuances and get it put together but WHISPERS OF THE GODDESS my novella from the departed Roar of the Crowd is coming soon.

Here is the back cover blurb I recently put together, (and thanks to Angie Lofthouse for helping polish it)

"Warships of the Fourth Crusade surround Constantinople threatening murder, rapine and worse.
The only option left the impotent Emperor to avoid the sacking of the great city, is to secretly give away a sacred relic.
Enter Tyr a red-handed Swedish mercenary and Wolfram von Eschenbach the Templar poet, together charged with retrieving the holy artifact and escaping the city.
What they don’t know is that arcane forces, old as myth, are marshaled against their mission. The old gods of multiple nations war with the New.
And Ragnarok is coming to Greece.
"


Here is the cover by the talented Carter Reid - he also did the SPACE ELDRITCH cover.


In other news, the prequel of sorts for Whispers of the Goddess, The Dogs of War, has been accepted into the Thunder on the Battlefield, Sword & Sorcery collection edited by James R. Tuck, so if you like one tale I hope you will like the other and we can get some cross-pollination going.

10 comments:

Angie said...

I love the cover! Can't wait to read this.

Paul R. McNamee said...

Stellar!

Adventuresfantastic said...

Looking forward to this one. And I hadn't heard about Thunder on the Battlefield.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Angie

Appreciated Paul

Keith, I'll post about Thunder on the Battlefield just as soon as I get a couple more details, all I know right now is I have been accepted into it and it will be a big S&S collection.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds good, man. Congrats!

Daron D. Fraley said...

Great cover to go with a great story!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Daron - appreciated.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I suspect you'll like it a lot Charles - thanks

Bruce Durham said...

Looking forward to this.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate all your help and suggestions.