Friday, July 17, 2009

Raising My Warriors


I said on another blog that I would post some pics of my kids in armor. Here is a begining of that with perhaps more later.

All three play especially hard and sometimes I worry about what they will do to neighbor kids. The boys are very fond of swords-because they see all the ones I have but theirs are dramatically duller than mine.

When I disposed of the afore-mentioned snake, my oldest son, helped put the two pieces in a bag and then in the garbage can. He was excited to tell Mom about how he helped but she really didn't want to hear about it. All he wanted to talk about during dinner was snakes and Mom finally had to demand that we not discuss snakes at all anymore. I tried changing the subject to spiders, my son's usual chief interest, but it only lasted about a minute until he was back on snakes. Popsicles had to be sanctioned and released to avert the revolution.

9 comments:

Karen Gowen said...

OMIGOSH THAT IS SO CUTE!!! I love it!!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

so funny! kids are hilarious! My 3-year-old wakes up talking about whatever we were talking about when we put him to bed. sometimes it takes me a moment to remember!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

They are awesome. I never had any idea of that before I had them. I used to play with my friends kids and it was good but I never expierienced the same sheer joy as I have with my own. I married late at 29 and only had my first son when I was 31. Now five years later all 3 are a handful but its the best.

Melanie Goldmund said...

What a cutie!

And, yup, as a mother, I know all about the dinnertable conversations that never end, no matter how hard I try to change the subject.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

:::using my wonderful math-whizzing skills::: okay, 31+5=36. Gotcha.

I know, I simply adore mine. I really adore their naptime, too. :)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Naptime is very good but they are really fighting it lately.

As for math and next year (inside stuff here)
I guess that was my mathematical concern from earlier. Because she said 6-8. Well I have my 2nd scheduled, so does Prusso and then there is you and Mary thats 4. So it kinda narrows what will get out there unless that releases are more than Kristine says.

But I am all more the more the merrier-we are doing something new.

Mary Gray said...

Good point about all sequels upping numbers, David. Hmm. Hope we can all do what we hope to do.

Totally cute kiddo. I have a four year old and a nineteen month old. I love that I can stay home with them and be a part of their worlds, but yeah, I like nap time too! :)

Rockin' pic with the guy on the snake. WHERE do you find these??

nephite blood spartan heart said...

The guy on the snake is Conan of the barbarian fame. It was done by my favorite fanatsy painter Frank Frazetta for the book Conan the Usurper. It was the cover for the 60-70's run of reprints of the original stories from the 30's which I love. The author/creator Robert E. Howard is right up ther with Tolkien for me.

Mary Gray said...

I can see why Frazetta is your favorite fantasy painter. The painting's wonderfully ferocious. ;)