Friday, July 10, 2009

ZELPH, is Coming


For their 1988 album Rattle and Hum, U2 did a cover of the Beatles 'Helter Skelter' opening the track Bono remarked —"this song Charles Manson stole from The Beatles...we're stealing it back"—

I feel the same way about Zelph, the infamous white Lamanite that it seems too many people would rather forget about than deal with the staggering implications.

As far as I am concerned too many people have stolen Zelph and used him for either mocking the gospel or they have dismissed him entirely because he didn't fit in with their own narrow agenda.

We'll I am stealing him back.

Zelph is a pivotal character in my series 'Heroes of the Fallen' and among the most admirable of Lamanites, ever. (I posit within my series that he is a descendant of Samuel)
I have been stupefied that for a person that has been recorded in History of the Church vol 2. by 8 great witnesses (John Taylor, Heber C. Kimball, Wilford Woodruff among them) so little has ever been written about him. As if its too touchy, too risky and throws a massive monkey wrench into the whole LGT (which it does). Sorry no amount of backpedaling about what JS knew or did not know can fix what all 8 witnesses said was a Revelation. That's better representation than we have on almost all Church Historical matters-and we aren't even getting to Onandagus yet.

Time to tell the tale, sing the song, and dance the dance, Zelph is coming back.

Pic by Kris Cooper

4 comments:

Kristine Princevalle said...

Sounds like a controversy brewing. Good, that means more sales!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I suppose, though the intent is more for the sake of a great man who has been repressed, misrepresented and forgotten-that's the original motivation. I am just acknowledgig that there is a controversy there.

Suzette Saxton said...

Yay for Zelph! And what a rockin' website.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Suzette, now if I could only get a tenth of the followers you have, I would think blogs work for promotion.