Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shooting the Moon


Perhaps I live in too insulated a world surrounded by ancient history and fantasy books, because I only just heard today that NASA is planning on bombing the moon on October 9th.

Now while I have yet to write anything decidedly Pro-Moon and I am assuming that some of my readers have even perhaps imagined that I am anti-moon. Let me unequivocally state here and now for the record that I am 100% absolutely positively PRO-MOON.

Now some might look up my record and say well you're a lot of talk, have you ever been to the Moon? No, I have not been to the Moon.
Do you ever plan on going to the Moon? No, I do not.
Have you ever shown your support of the Moon previously by perhaps exposing yourself to the citizenry? No, I have not. But for what it is worth I have caroused with quite a number of Moon enthusiasts as well as having been exposed to a number of Moon enthusiasts. The friendliest of which were 3 co-ed's at spring break in St.George.

So while I may not have an exemplary Pro-Moon record I want it known that I do support the Moon and don't want it bombed to look for water. Should we bomb the Sahara desert to look for water? Of course not. What I want to know is the real
story on why we are bombing the Moon. Some might suggest such outlandish stories, like looking for water or fighting extra-terrestials but I am sure there is a much more reasonable answer. Nazi Moon Bases, yeah that's the ticket, Nazi Moon Bases with goose-stepping purple-haired Heidi Klum clones. I'm buying my war bonds NOW!

17 comments:

Mary Gray said...

Makes me wonder, Does it make God weep?

Or is he the pragmatist, supportive of this scientific endeavor.

The Debster said...

I am very Pro Moon. what exactly will happen to the man on the moon once the bombing has ceased? will he retaliate? This is a whole can of worms, and i personally don't want to find out what the moon will do back.........

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Exactly, I don't believe NASA has thought enough about possible consequences. What if the Moon decides it will renig on controlling the tides? Or refuses to be lit up at night or even gets too bright negating night for most of the world? Could be some serious problems in store for sailors and vampires alike.

The Debster said...

NASA doesn't realize just who they are messing with. Vampires? If they start a war with native american shape shifting teenage boys, we're screwed. and a bestseller!...........

L.A. DeVaul said...

I say blow the moon up. What has it ever done for me? The moon is for romantics and werewolves. The world would be a better place without either of those.

The Debster said...

i was making a dig at "Twilight" honey. Sorry, although i do agree with L.A. about the werewolves. and lame movies about them. LAME!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I know you are referring to "Dog-Soldiers"

Twilight? never heard of it.

L, how can you be so callously anti-moon? Even if you're not a werewolf or a romantic (which I suspect both) the moon has other uses. We should mine it as soon as we are done with the earth after all.

L.A. DeVaul said...

The moon is for squares.

And so what if I am a romantic and a werewolf? I am still launching my anti-moon campaign.

The Debster said...

I am ABSOLUTELY referring to "Dog Soldiers" Dumbest movie ever made. Romantic werewolf? That could be interesting........

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Squares?

It is on. The war for Moon supremacy has begun.

end communication.

The Debster said...

So, did they think to remove the flag from the surface of the moon before they bomb it?..........

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I am sure the bombing will be on the Nazi controlled side of the moon. More on this later.

Nichole Giles said...

Oh my gosh, are you serious about the bombing thing or is that a joke? The moon affects everything on our dear earth. It changes the tide, it changes climates, and yes, it has scientific powers (to go along with the mystical ones). Then some stupid scientist wants to go and mess it all up.

Whatever Natzi crazy, psycho person decided this is a good idea is going to be cursed for life by not only the moon goddess, but also by all the witches in the entire world. Not to mention werewolves and bats. Duh! There's an entire culture that worships the moon. Don't they know that?

Someone is in big trouble, mister!

(But not you, David. I believe you when you say you're pro-moon. Good thing, too. You'll be glad you aren't in their shoes next week.)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Oh it's real alright. I was actually unsure of what to blog about after my high with the conference last week but when I saw this on the news I had to throw in my two bits.

GO MOON!

BOO NASA. Since when is it their job to look for water on the Moon, why not gold?

L.A. DeVaul said...

I can't believe that is real! That is so sad. I don't care if there is water on the moon. We have a lot of water here on earth, isn't that interesting enough?

I was just kidding, am actually pro moon, especially since I am a romantic and a werewolf.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Ok I noticed this too late. Sorry for already libeling you across cyberspace.

Friends?

Karlene said...

So I'm a few days late on this hilarious conversation. So, do you know what they discovered when they bombed the moon? Absolutely nothing!

I think they did it just for fun. Dark and twisty fun, of course, but fun still the same.