Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fantastic Young Art

My 5 year old son draws an lot lately-says he would like to do comic books of his own. I encourage his muse and present to you a few of his fantasy based offerings. I'm bugged I couldn't find his version of Tower of the Elephant-I'll find it and post it soon.

He wanted to do my book cover after I told him I would love it if he did a book cover for me someday. I like the smile on the Nephites face and the frown on the Lamanites face.
A spidery lil Cthulhu
An image from one of his favorite movies (though not mine so much) 9
The Kraken from the old Clash of the Titans, nice touch with Andromeda against the cliff walls.
Just a giant squid attacking a vampire in a boat-it could happen.
Medusa-inspired a little more from the older Clash of the the Titans
A scene from the latest Clash of the Titans movie-Perseus vs. Giant Scorpions
Halloween is his favorite holiday. This might be Nightmare before Christmas inspired.

12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. he's channeling a little Frazetta in that Clash of the Titans piece.

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, these are so great! I love the Kraken... Perseus on Pegasus! And the giant squid vs. vampire cracked me up. FUN!

kbrebes said...

I love the squid. His first drawing looks exactly like one of my son's from years ago. Time passes waay too quickly! My son just got his driver's license yesterday!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Charles-I look forward to his coming works-he is getting better everyday.

Krista-yep these are his favorite type movies/inspiration.

kbrebes-He is very excited that I shared these and he wants to say thanks.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Bravo. I especially love Lil Cthulhu. Next you'll be having the poor kid doing storyboards.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Stewart-there's no poor kid about it I can't keep up with artwork he is blowing through my copy paper from the office.

Angie said...

Cute. What an artist. I love the book cover.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Angie-I suspect that is the one he is most proud of.

LisaAnn said...

The squid vs. the vampire is my favorite. I think you should write a short story for it and use the picture as the cover. (Then share the story with us.)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Lisa-I am feeling so overwhelmed at the moment I don't know what I could spare for Squids VS. Vampires. I do have to say thought that I am very happy he went with a classic Nosferatu looking vampire over a pretty girly vampire.

Th. said...

.

You should clearly read Axe Cop together.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Th-sounds familiar, I'll have to check it out.