Monday, January 10, 2011

Man Cave Authors Blog: No Doilies Allowed

Some friends of mine have just put together a writers blog, I suppose in answer to the many women's writerly blogs out there and it has been proclaimed the Man Cave Authors Blog, so now four other authors, Michael Young -The Canticle Kingdom, Jason Morgan - The Hidden Sun, Dan Harrington - Who's at the Door?, Frank Cole - Hashbrown Winters,and I are sitting round the fire there to grunt (discuss) this and that.

So between all of us we have = Young Adult, Fantasy/Romance, Memoir/Journalism, Middle Grade/Humorous, and Historical/Speculative ~ that about covers it.


I appreciated that Dan the founder wanted to use something I told him once as a byline ~ "Writing can be solitary, but success isn't."

I will make it a point to have some actual writerly advice (like making up new words) posted there semi-often.

So for perhaps another perspective on writing and such, head on over to the Man Cave Authors Blog for some red meat about writing. We are just getting it started, so hurry over follow or grab the feed, spots are going fast, or your money back.

No doilies allowed. Man Cave Authors

9 comments:

Matthew Shields said...

YES.

I like all the authors I've found online but SO MANY of them are girls. Nice to find a cave full of guy writers.

Someday when I have grown up and finished the first draft of my novel, maybe I can complete the trials and become a member of the mancave!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Absolutely Matt.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out.

David P. King said...

What a fantastic idea--staying up late, sharing manly stories--I just might make some waffles! When I'm finally published, I wouldn't mind going through the trials, too. Someone needs to represent Sci Fi. I'll go have a look.

Th. said...

.

Writing can be solitary, but success isn't."

Very VERY true.

Unknown said...

Well, I'd head on over there but somehow I feel like I'm crashing a boys club where no girls are allowed. Have fun with your doily-less grunting!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Sure David.

Thanks Th.

We'll try Jaime.

Dan said...

Oh no, Dave. Of everyone on the list, I sound like the serious, stuffy one!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Dan-are you sure?