Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Stories Week 3. The Demon Strangler


Tired. I was as bone tired as I could ever remember. It had been a long day at work and I was glad to be home and just kick off the stinky work-boots. I was sore and took a long hot shower and crashed in bed with the paitence of a chopping block not even worrying about dinner. Though it was still light out I was soon asleep, dreaming pleasant dreams.

I awoke with a terrible crushing upon me, my breath halted involuntarily. A force was pushing me down into the bed. Opening my weary eyes I looked into the face of the most grotesque being I have ever beheld. Mottled dark green skin, warped and bent about the skull, piercing hateful eyes and twisted rotten teeth. A red cowl was about the thing as it attempted to squeeze the life from me.

Know that I was afraid but also animalistically angry. Pushing back against the fetid breath and unhallowed grin, I commanded Get Out of Here! And I was afraid no longer.

The demon sensed this as plain as anything. It could not crush me with fear and it could not kill me. It stood up, glanced again at me prone and departed out the wall and window, simultaneous as if it was a hallway to the nether.

It was then my eyes opened in the physical world and I knew that what I had thought I had seen had been with spiritual eyes. The bed still rocked and heaved at the things departing and I knew it had happened but in what physical sense I was not sure.
I do not fear demons and it has not returned.

4 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

Crikey! For a minute I thought you were going to say it was one of your kids wearing a mask, but then ... wow! That's one experience I don't want to have!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

No this predated kids and marriage by years.

Dodi said...

I can relate to this on a personal level. I do not fear demons either. I like the pic...is that Jane Goodall?

nephite blood spartan heart said...

It may be Goodall. I saw it at another site unlabeled and it looked creepy so I decided to use it for this and then later started thinking Hey what if that isn't doctored and it is a gorilla?