Friday, November 12, 2010

Blood Of Our Fathers: Update & other news


I meant to get Heroes Book 2, Blood of Our Fathers to my editor yesterday (figuratively) but I haven't yet. I'm shooting for within the week though.
In some ways I have wondered if you just can't force it and some special insights have to come at the right time-but then again I don't want to get off schedule too bad.
I am pleased at some of the story that has only presented itself very recently-like Heroes, some things were added last minute-and they seemed to be things people really liked-so I look at it as all for the greater good.

In other news
I am nominated for a Whitney Award-whether I am a total finalist waits on early next years announcements.

I will be in the Rogue Blades Entertainment: Challenge Anthology ~Discovery
What rank my story "The Serpent's Root" is in that contest also remains to be seen-but in any case my second Saphir story will shortly be in print.
AND
Back to my first Saphir story "Song of Saphir" won first place in a readers contest for the LDSP YA short story contest-that is still supposed to be in a anthology but it has been delayed, I'm not sure how long until it will be printed.
SO
coming up within the next year
Blood of our Fathers: Heroes of the Fallen Book 2
Roar of the Crowd~"Whispers of the Goddess"
Shadows and Light 2~"The Hand of Fate"
Challenge Antho:~"The Serpent's Root"
and I have high hopes for my inclusion in the following anthologies~ RBE's Assassins, Historical Lovecraft, Wandering Weeds, Cutlass and Musket, Swords and Mythos, and Monsters & Mormons at the least, I am sure there are many more I'll want to be a part of but all of those mentioned will be an exciting kickoff for 2011.

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like a busy 2010 and an even busier 2011. Luck with it all. I do think that often with a book forcing it leads to shallower writing. The richest resonance often comes to those who wait, at least a little while.

abel said...

Congrats on the Whitney Nod!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Charles, I've loved the stuff that has come last minute because I waited.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Abel.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela Perry said...

That's terrific, David! Congratulations! You know how cool it is to be able to say I've met an author of your talents? Well...it's cool ;)

Dan said...

Congrats on the Whitney nomination, David. I'll be pulling for you. It's always a great feeling to be recognized by your peers.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Angela, much appreciated.

Dan-it sure is. Best of luck to you during these first few weeks of your book release-PUSH for Christmas!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

The rest of this year certainly sounds busy for you, and that's for sure!

You must trust your own instincts about bulling through as opposed to stepping back for a moment to re-charge your subconscious.

I believe we can write NSF checks on our subconscious unless we deposit more into it by reading, listening to stirring music, or just walking in the outside, letting things jar loose inside our creative mind.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I totally agree Roland, we have to recharge and sometimes a story needs to sit-and then WHAM! the right thing comes along at the right time to perfect it.