Friday, August 19, 2011

Bedtime Stories

I was going to post a Conan review, (But I haven't seen it yet) but for your entertainment, my son told me a bedtime story and I am going to share it with you.
Here is the transcript-exactly as he told me.

Blobman

A kid was awake at night. Something crawled out from under his bed. A blob monster! It opened its mouth, its tongue was long as a snakes tail. But, it was scared of the light. And it blinded his eyes. Then there was a spider, eyes bright as the sun, but it was a super spider, but it was camouflaged. The spider had magical powers. It chased the Blobman away.
The Blobman went to the desert and that is where he lives to this day-on a desert planet named Zorbang; it is like tiny Pluto, but it moves faster than other planets. That is what that planet was called.


I thought he would draw me a picture of this Blobman, instead he drew a scene from his favorite Conan story-The Tower of the Elephant.


7 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

I want an illustration of the Blob on Zorbang.

I imagine a blob-ish hero walloping attacking alien denizens..

Adventuresfantastic said...

Sounds like there's more than one writer in the family. Very cool.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I was kind of surprised I didn't get that Zorbangian Blobman myself Paul-I'm sure he'll get to it, the house is covered in sf/Fantasy drawings.

That's what he tell's me Keith-he wants to illustrate and write books too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Zorbang sounds like an intersting planet. Maybe I'll have Ruenn Maclang stop by. :)

Brian Murphy said...

Love it!

Angie said...

So cute. I love when my boys get creative like that. Makes me feel I've done something right.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Charles, I know I'd like that.

Thanks Brian

Angie-same here.