Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Six Gun Serenade in Hangmen & Bullets

I wrote Six-Gun Serenade in a white heat this last February for the Hangmen & Bullets antho I heard about (it was a last minute thing).

Seems they wanted western noir no weird so I wrote my first complete Porter Rockwell short story without any supernatural happenings.
It was a little different as I usually employ something strange and this time around I kinda skirted that issue by having characters involved that believed weird things - namely the antagonist is a mesemerist and has "visions" by which he lords over his men.


I did base it loosley on real events that happened in Utah a very long time ago so it was fun to play with that aspect of it too.

I only heard about the release last week and neglected to update the blog here - apologies.


From the Amazon description:

We a warning you all right now. These ain't your grandpappy's western stories told in gentler terms. No sirree. We here at Dead Guns Press don't believe in no such thing.

Kick back with a bottle of rotgut, cut off a chunk of chaw and enjoy these dark western tales. We guarantee that these stories kick harder than an old gunslinger’s Colt .45 in a July 4th shootout in a whorehouse!

Contributors include:

Teel James Glenn
Ross Baxter
Ben Fine
Christopher Davis
David J. West
Bill Baber
Calvin Demmer
Dusty Wallace
Bruce Harris

So check out the collection here!

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Looks like a good group of writers. I just read the Jonah Hex weird western graphic novel. Gonna try another Joe Lansdale next

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Yeah it's one of those niche genres that surprises me with how much I love it.

Paul R. McNamee said...

Good job. I look forward to reading it.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Paul!