Thursday, February 9, 2017

Happy Birthday Frank

Its no surprise my all time favorite artist is the Frank Frazetta.

I've heard of ungodly amounts of money paid for his work (not that he didn't earn that and not that I wouldn't pay it myself if I could) but the closest I've been able to manage myself to own in my personal collection aside from several calendars, books and of course prints is an actual signed poster! One that was meant to be part of some exclusive collection of Robert E. Howard's work - probably with Wandering Star but I'm not sure.

It is one of my favorite pieces and of course I have the fill print hanging in a place of honor in my study, but the signed print is right behind me, looking over my shoulder.


Today would have been Frank's 89th birthday and I'm just saying my Thanks and how grateful I am for the amazing works of art he put into the world, we are surely all the better for his unique vision.




6 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

All hail, Frazetta!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Paul.

I got razzed by my friends for how much I spent on the signature but it was worth it to me.

Woelf Dietrich said...

Awesome post, David. If that is your study consider me envious.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Woelf

It is, its been a long time coming and a lot of collecting to put it together.

Charles Gramlich said...

I just have lots of books with his art on them.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Same here. It's to the point that I'll buy any old book I find in a used book shop with a Frazetta cover.