Saturday, March 6, 2010
Angie at Notes from the Writing Chair gave me the Creative Writer Blog Award, thanks Angie.
Seems I am supposed to tell six lies and one truth and hopefully have them be difficult so here goes.
1. I once hid from the police by smearing myself in mud and lying very still in a canal.
2. When I was 12, five of my best friends and I camped for a week alone far into the Rocky Mountains, (the borders of Montana and Idaho). We were all either 12 or 13.
3. I stared down a huge Diamondback Rattlesnake and it lost.
4. No less than three ghosts messed with me in Georgia. It came down to insisting that they depart and showing no fear. You have to show them no fear to get them to listen when they are in a trickster-like mood.
5. I cut off a single wing of a fly with scissors, otherwise the fly was completely unharmed. I had one witness-she was very surprised and never again questioned my weapon prowess again.
6. I own over 6,000 books.
7. Only one of the statements above is a lie, all the rest are true.
To pass on this award I suppose I'll go with
M. Gray at The Ethos, the Logos and the Pathos
Karlene at Inksplasher
and Elizabeth Mueller