Saturday, March 13, 2010

Show Em Everything, Tell Em Nothing

I am gonna be gone for the weekend adventuring and until I get back here are a few teaser stills of my Book trailer in progress.

Speaking of book trailers what, if anything, appeals to you as a reader?

My personal thoughts are the idea of enticement and mystery to know what the book is about. What a book trailer should not do is tell you the whole story, so that you sit back and go "I don't have to read that now-I know what happens.

So my thoughts are as a swashbuckling writer friend Bruce Durham said (and I may be paraphrasin) "Show Em everything but Tell Em nothing". Hope I am doing that even now.








Art by my sister-in-law the most excellent Erin West.

11 comments:

Mary E Campbell said...

wow - it does tell me nothing, but what it shows me is captivating.

Melanie Goldmund said...

Cool art! Really makes me want to find out more, especially the serpent picture. When I first saw it, I thought the man was being swallowed by the snake and was reaching out to grab the snake's tail before he was gulped all the way down. Then I saw the tiny little figure on the left hand side and had to re-think my interpretation of the picture. Fascinating. Well, all of the pictures are fascinating, but this one especially. :-)

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Holy crap you have a talented sister-in-law! Can't wait for the trailer! WOW!

Cluttered Brain said...

Wow! I like the Tiger (Is it?) With his mouth open wide...AWESOME picture.
I too cannnot wait for the book trailer. R U registered for Ldsstorymaker's?
i registered Friday. Yippee!

Erin said...

Dude that art's freakin awesome! Who drew that?

Krista said...

These renderings are packed with emotion. Excellent rule for book trailers. Can't wait to see it in it's completion!

MTeacress said...

What a talented artist! Did she read your book and come up with these on her own or did you give a lot of instruction? Maybe both? She really did a good job.

Angie said...

Those are fantastic. Now I'm even more anxious to read your book!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks everyone-I will be keeping you all posted soon about this.

Bruce Durham said...

Love that sabretooth! Outstanding artwork, Dave. Pass my compliments to your sister-in-law. Now I'm 'really' interested in reading your book. (hey, and thanks for the nod...)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thank you Bruce, yours was one of my more fave trailers.