Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SKOAL! Short Story Acceptance!


My short story Whispers of the Goddess has been accepted by Rogue Blades Entertainment for inclusion in their anthology Roar of the Crowd. Each story had to have a lot of action, be based off a historical event or game and have at least a little bit of a fantasy present.

I was originally going to have a tale based around the ball games of central America but that story got too big for the antho so I had to come up with something else fast. My personal gut is to write what moves you--so I threw together a tale of the Crusades in 1204 as well as a bit of esoterica (that's esoterica) as in obscure references to to the Grail saga's and inspiration with the siege of Constantinople
as the backdrop.

The antho ought to be out around September, so its exciting to think about how many books I could be in this year, my own novel (released in one month) and several anthologies. I'll be posting when this one in particular is available. It's just the beginning of some great collections this year.

24 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats! That's great news. I'll look forward to seeing and reading it.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

David, that's awesome! Congratulations! It looks like a great year for you!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

David! That is fantastic! I'm so excited for you!

Th. said...

.

Two down.....

Krista said...

Great job! Love it when a plan comes together!

Amalia Dillin said...

Congratulations! Sounds like things are really coming together!

Daron D. Fraley said...

AWESOME! That story is very well done, and one of my favorites of the things you have written. I look forward to reading it again.

Angie said...

Congratulations. That's very exciting. I'll look forward to reading it.

Mary Gray said...

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Yay!

Bruce Durham said...

Congrats! Looks like we're sharing the same ToC.

Karlene said...

Congratulations! That's great news!

Melanie Goldmund said...

Oh, excellent news! Congratulations!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

WOO! And many more to come! Good job. That will be thrilling when it comes out.

Gary Corby said...

Yay for you! That's great news.

Brian Murphy said...

Awesome news David!! Congratulations.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're on a roll. Keep on truckin.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks everybody, and congrats to the others (Bruce) that have made it too.

Nichole Giles said...

Fantastic news, David! Congratulations. It's great to be part of an anthology, and I'm so excited for you.

Let me know when it comes out so I can read it.

Nichole

Ryan Harvey said...

Great news. Here's some else cool:

You and I are going to be sharing the Table of Contents.

My story, "The Last Refuge of Piyamaradu," set in the 13th century Bronze Age Hittite Empire, has also been accepted for Roar of the Crowd.

Cindy Beck, author said...

That is so cool, that your story was accepted in the anthology. Way to go! Sounds like quite an interesting story, too!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks everyone-I have barely been online all week. Just long enough to pre-post Nichole's book review and announce my acceptance at RBE.
Thanks again Nichole.

Ryan-excellent, I am really looking forward to everyone elses stories.

Thanks Cindy, I appreciate it.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congratulations David! I'm constantly impressed by the depth and detail you seem to strive for in your work. Boggles my non-detail oriented mind, I'll admit. Glad you're getting some well earned recognition!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thank You Kim, I appreciate it.