Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fistful of Tengu


Do you know what a "Tengu" is?


A class of supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore. Generally depicted as anthropomorphic birds of prey-typically crows. So in brainstorming for something for A.J. French's MONK PUNK anthology, I thought of Tengu.
Borrowing the title as a play on "A Fistful of Dollars" I had to come up with a reason for you to get a 'Fistful of Tengu' enter my wandering monk and how he deals with monsters plaguing a sleepy little village.
A pretty straight forward yarn, but I had fun writing it nonetheless.


Well, I just recently submitted the tale and A.J. accepted it-very pleased for what was otherwise a terrible day-hurt my back at work-BAD.

Cannot walk like a person under 99 years of age at the moment.

So I better keep writing...

I'll be posting when this one is available.

4 comments:

Abel said...

Congrats!!!

Do you even know what a rejection letter is? :-)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Ha! I do Abel, I do-I have recieved 3 this year already.

David P. King said...

I've never heard of a Tengu until now. I have you to thank for that, David :)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

You're welcome David-they are probably my favorite Japanese mythological creature.