Monday, May 10, 2010

Strange Sights This Week

How stuff gets done.
All around great story. Black Turlough rocks.
This is a monument to a Lithuanian legend that I shall steal from someday.
Everything revolves and comes back round again.
This is hilarious to me because I can't stand Thomas Kincaids cottages and flowers, the piece is titled Doubting Thomas.
So is this dude a vampire?
I wanna try penguin one of these days.
This says it all on its own.
This is known as Squaw Rock, it is inspiration behind a short story I am attempting to get finished by the 14th-we'll see if the pressure helps. I'm contemplating how to use Cockatrice in the title without it sounding cheeky.

10 comments:

Amalia Dillin said...

I'm really interested in hearing more about that Lithuanian legend (coming from a Lithuanian family history). Is there a link where I can read about it?

Charles Gramlich said...

there is a cockatrice in one story from my Bitter steel collection!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Amalia-My Mother is Lithuanian so she used to tell us the stories when I was little, I'm not 100% on where it would be on the net. But the Lithuanian story is more akin to a Snake Prince rather than a frog prince type tale.

Charles-cool, I was wondering where anyone else's Cockatrice stories were.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I want to hear more about the Lithuanian story too. I've a passionate love for folk and fairy tales from around the world. The statue is intriguing.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Kim-alright I'll try and put it on here soon since you and Amalia are interested.

LisaAnn said...

The floor-sized ipad reminds me of "Big" when Tom Hanks is playing that huge piano with his feet.

Great post!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Lisa

Th. said...

.

(link)

Angie said...

I like cockatrices! I had one in my story "Brierly's Lilies" which you can read on my blog if you want to. Good luck getting your short story finished.

I just finished Heroes of a Fallen a few minutes ago. Yep, I loved it, but it's just getting started! How long do I have to wait for book two??? Seriously, great action and great characters. You did a nice job portraying the different cultures and societies. Very interesting. I'm glad I finally got to read it. (How long till book two?)

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Th- oh yeah thats where I found it, I forget exactly where I came across it.

Angie-thanks, you have to wait one year. Blood of Our Fathers is scheduled for release one year after Heroes.